Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Favorite recipes of 2014

Tomorrow is 2015. Crazy right? Right! For me, 2014 was a good year but I plan on making 2015 a spectacular year. I think we get to make those choices. Attitude is everything.

My 2014 highlights? Celebrating one year of marriage with my most favorite person (yes, this is Blake) in magical Crested Butte. Spending one week wandering in the Grand Tetons. Getting lost in a maze of needles in Canyonlands National Park and within Canyonlands hiking to what now makes my top 5 list of most sacred stunning places, Druid Arch. We also had our fair share of great meals. 2014 seemed to be the year of really awesome pizza and if I have my way, 2015 will be too.

I cooked a lot in 2014. Possibly more than I ever have before. I feel I have grown leaps and bounds as a cook and baker in the last year. Below you will find my favorites.


Breakfast
Carrot cake power muffin-my absolute favorite muffin
Lemon yogurt bread-this bread is just wonderful
Irish soda bread-make this in March or tomorrow, so good
Maple sweet potato oat muffins-maple and sweet potato are my favorite things
Breaded lemon cream cheese bread-for special occasions this bread is a win

Appetizer
Buffalo chili cheese fries- I will eat these at every Super Bowl until the end of time


Dinner 
Korean Bulgogi grilled flatiron steak with bok chi-Sweet, spicy, smoky
Jalapeno pretzel dogs with beer cheese dipping sauce-If left in charge, I would eat these weekly
Baked hot chicken sandwich with spicy bourbon sauce-A southern dream
Chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce-light, zingy, wonderful
My all time favorite penne with meat sauce-the greatest comfort food
Loaded pulled pork chili fries with chipotle beer queso- fries, queso, pulled pork, and guac is all I need
Roasted sweet potato and onion sandwich with avocado and sriracha mayo-a go to in our house


Dessert
Oatmeal applesauce snack cake-oh so satisfying and almost healthy
Brown butter cadbury egg blondie-always a hit
Muddy buddy crispy treat-muddy buddies and crispy treats? Be still my heart
Peppermint pattie cookies-my favorite dessert made this year

No comments:

Post a Comment