Sunday, August 10, 2014

Muddy Buddy Crispy Treats


Fact: a muddy buddy crispy treat a day has been shown to increase happiness. Or at least it has increased mine. I have been consuming these squares at an alarming rate. But darn they are good. So good. So satisfyingly, chewy, sticky, sweet. So packed with peanut butter and chocolate goodness then glued together with marshmallows. I dare say you have yet to really live until you have made these treats. 

My introduction to muddy buddies came from my mother-in-law. I both love and regret when she gives us a batch. Mostly I love but sometimes a little regret sneaks in after a whole tin disappears in 2 days. I have decided they make excellent hiking snacks. They are quite good for breakfast and lunch and after dinner. And oh my goodness, they are stunning when melted together with marshmallows and butter. 

Muddy Buddy Crispy Treat 
Makes one 9" x 13" pan, slightly adapted from Brown Eyed Baker 

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tbs butter
1 3/4 bags of marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
7 cups Chex cereal 
Powdered sugar

Grease the 9" by 13" baking dish and set aside. 

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Stir constantly until melted and combined. 

Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract followed by the cereal. Press the mixture into the pan, dust top with powdered sugar, and let set for 30 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment