Friday, February 7, 2014

M&M Cookies to Love



Let's talk about warm things because right now it is -7 degrees where I reside. The -9 degrees I woke up to deterred me from my morning run and I am left feeling cold and cooped up. Last night in an attempt to embrace the cold and enjoy a cozy night in, Blake and I spread out blankets on the floor, lit a bunch of candles, and enjoyed a picnic of cheese, cured meats, and red wine. How romantic, eh? It is a favorite monthly tradition of ours. In the summer we take the picnics outside and in the winter we enjoy the diversion they offer from a cold winter night.

Dessert on picnic night was a favorite staple in our house, the M&M cookie. My husband's absolute favorite. I have to say I have enjoyed my fair share of M&M cookies and these take the cake or the cookie, if you will. The recipe comes from a wonderful blogger Bake or Break with very slight modifications. Yes, the M&Ms in the picture are Denver Broncos colored but for the love of all that is good and kind in this world, please don't make me talk about that game. We are trying to move past that tragic loss in our house. Turns out eating a bunch of these wonderful chewy M&M cookies helps. A rather large glass of red wine doesn't hurt either.

M&M Cookie to Love
Slightly adapted from Bake or Break

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10 tbs butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups M&Ms

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.

With an electric mixer on medium beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Mix in M&Ms.

Using 3 tbs of dough roll into balls and place on prepared pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until edges are brown but center is still soft.




No comments:

Post a Comment